1) It’s not my job to make people treat me well.
2) It’s also not my moral obligation to patiently endure and forgive people who are abusive–regardless of how much they are suffering.
3) I know better than anyone else what I have experienced.
4) I am under no obligation to give other people my time when I don’t want to.
5) Nobody gets to tell me who I am.
6) I am not interested in bashing myself for choosing not to live according to other people’s expectations.
7) I can trust that my emotions are legitimate information to work with, not irrational inconveniences for other people to shut down.
8) I don’t have to change everything about myself.
9) I am allowed to pick my battles.
10) It’s ok to not be ok all the time.
Bonus: But sometimes I get to be happy